Membership School of Mining and Mineral Resources
Get Involved! Become a member.
School membership is a non-salaried, non-tenure eligible faculty joint appointment within the School of Mining and Mineral Resources (SMMR). Members are interested in promoting the education, research and innovation mission of the SMMR and the University of Arizona. These appointments recognize, encourage, and advance collaboration between educators and researchers in areas related to mineral resources at UArizona.
- Recognition as an SMMR Faculty Member
- Priority use of shared resources, equipment, and services of the SMMR, including:
- Marketing and communications support to help promote member research to help promote member education initiatives
- Assistance in development of relationships between SMMR members and external partners - event planning as appropriate
- Support for minerals-related education development, promotion and management for graduate and undergraduate courses and curricula
professional development programs
undergraduate research initiatives
- Ability to apply for interdisciplinary seed grants graduate student support
- Opportunities to participate in collaborative research projects SMMR-sponsored programs and events